[realtek] Problems with a Scyld 2 beowulf

Chris Fowler cfowler@outpostsentinel.com
Wed Jan 2 09:47:00 2002

Dave,

I've seen this problem using pump.  Are you using pump?  I wrote some code
to fire up networking on an embedded device with RT8139C.  After I chenged
my init scripts to
execute stuff in a seperate order, I saw this problem.  Went to the old and
everything worked fine.  I made no sense to me.  I'll even send that code to
this list if anyone could tell me why the changes made a difference.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: realtek-admin@scyld.com [mailto:realtek-admin@scyld.com]On Behalf
Of David Barker
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 8:11 AM
To: realtek@scyld.com
Subject: [realtek] Problems with a Scyld 2 beowulf

Hi there - I'm currently having problems with the head node of a scyld
bassed
beowulf - the nic's in the machine are rtl8139 's and I think it's these
that
are the source of my problems. The cluster starts booting perfectly, but
after one or maybe two nodes come up, the message "eth1: Oversized Ethernet
frame, status xxxxxxxxxx!"

I've downloads the latest drivers for the 2.2.17 kernel in the form of an
src.rpm and installed them as per the instructions at
http://www.scyld.com/network/rtl8139.html but I'm still getting the same
propblems - does anyone here have any ideas/solutions?

--
Dave
:)

"Unix is not a "A-ha" experience,
 it is more of a "Holy-shit" experience."
                          - Colin McFadyen in alt.folklore.computers