[realtek] Problems with a Scyld 2 beowulf

David Barker D.R.Barker@exeter.ac.uk
Wed Jan 2 08:16:03 2002

Hi there - I'm currently having problems with the head node of a scyld bassed
beowulf - the nic's in the machine are rtl8139 's and I think it's these that
are the source of my problems. The cluster starts booting perfectly, but
after one or maybe two nodes come up, the message "eth1: Oversized Ethernet
frame, status xxxxxxxxxx!"

I've downloads the latest drivers for the 2.2.17 kernel in the form of an
src.rpm and installed them as per the instructions at
http://www.scyld.com/network/rtl8139.html but I'm still getting the same
propblems - does anyone here have any ideas/solutions?

--
Dave
:)

"Unix is not a "A-ha" experience,
 it is more of a "Holy-shit" experience."
                          - Colin McFadyen in alt.folklore.computers