[realtek] Need Help

Sriram sriram@vxl.co.in
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:02:31 +0530

------=_NextPart_000_00B2_01C1361B.C9830B70

Hello,
    I am working on a embedded product. In that we are using AM186CH as =
the host and RTL8019AS as the Ethernet controller. I am having a problem =
, since the AM186CH is not having a interrupt controller which is 8259 =
compatible. As the reason the interrupt controller in AM186CH will not =
generate Interrupt Acknowledge Signal (IACK) to the device that had =
interrupted, Instead if the controller will jump to the corresponding =
interrupt vector if it service the interrupt request.Inorder to notify =
the RTL regarding the service of it's interrupt request, if i reset the  =
corresponding interrupt bit in the  Interrupt status register of the RTL =
will the RTL will treat it as interrupt acknowledge or it will aware =
that it's interrupt request to AMD is serviced by the host. Can anybody =
help me in this regard.

with regards,
sriramkumar. R

R.Sriramkumar
Software Engineer
VXL Etech
17 House of Excellence
Electronic City
Bangalore 561 229
INDIA

sriram@vxl.co.in
www.vxletech.com

------=_NextPart_000_00B2_01C1361B.C9830B70

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am working on a =
embedded=20
product. In that we are using AM186CH as the host and RTL8019AS as the =
Ethernet=20
controller. I am having a problem , since the AM186CH is not having a =
interrupt=20
controller which is 8259 compatible. As the reason the interrupt =
controller in=20
AM186CH will not generate Interrupt Acknowledge Signal (IACK) to the =
device that=20
had interrupted, Instead if the controller will jump to the =
corresponding=20
interrupt vector if it service the interrupt request.Inorder to notify =
the RTL=20
regarding the service of it's interrupt request, if i reset the&nbsp;=20
corresponding interrupt bit in the  Interrupt status register of the RTL =
will=20
the RTL will treat it as interrupt acknowledge or it will aware that =
it's=20
interrupt request to AMD is serviced by the host. Can anybody help me in =
this=20
regard.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>with regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>sriramkumar. R</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>R.Sriramkumar<BR>Software =
Engineer<BR>VXL=20
Etech<BR>17 House of Excellence<BR>Electronic City<BR>Bangalore 561=20
229<BR>INDIA</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:sriram@vxl.co.in">sriram@vxl.co.in</A><BR><A=20