[realtek] DFE-538TX, LPR, 2.2.19. insmod: resource busy

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 02:49:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001 leif.klepp@starcut.com wrote:

> I've got two D-Link DFE-538TX's I planned to use in my LRP 2.9.8-based
> router, running a 2.2.19-1 kernel.
>
> Similar to a lot of earlier messages on this list (I scanned the last few
> months, only) I have problems with insmod. It says:
>
> Device or resource busy.

What driver version are you trying to use?

> /proc/pci:
> PCI devices found:
>   Bus  0, device  12, function  0:
>     Ethernet controller: Unknown vendor Unknown device (rev 16).
>       Vendor id=1186. Device id=1300.

This is a '538 card.  It should be recognized by a current driver.

> the rtl8139-diag program segfaults. It was compiled on another system,
> with a 2.4.x kernel, as my LRP setup does not have (g)cc installed..

Hmmm, I haven't gotten any recent reports of diag programs that crash.
Try running "rtl8139-diag -DDD" to turn on debugging to level 3.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993