[realtek] rtl8139 half duplex problem

Andrew Cooke andrew@acooke.org
Mon Nov 26 16:04:01 2001

Hi,

Apologies - please don't put any effort into my earlier request for
help.  I was, indeed, being stupid.  After messing around with
configurations and kernels it eventually struck me (hey, I'm a software
engineer - that uses Java - what do I know about dirty stuff like that?)
that maybe the hardware was incorrect somehow.  The card seemed OK, but
when I started to swap cables I realised that the twisted pair had been
lying over a power lead just where it plugged in the back of a UPS.  So,
to cut a long story short, moving the cable fixed the problem.

Sorry again,
Andrew