[realtek] NFS problems, again

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 14:11:23 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Bertram Bourdrez wrote:

> I have downloaded and compiled the latest version from your FTP site... 1.13
> that is. I mentioned 1.11 only because it was fixed in that driver version.
>
> > And are you using the board on a full duplex or half duplex network?
>
> My hub does not seem to do autonegotiation so I'm having a hard time getting
> my machines to do 100baseTx-FD... I will figure this out eventually, it is
> slightly off topic here.

Actually, a duplex mismatch will cause the type of problems you are
having.  If your "hub" is a repeater, it will only do half duplex.  If
it's an old switch that doesn't do autonegotiation, you should leave
both ends in half duplex mode rather than risk a duplex mismatch.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993