[realtek] dependencies problem: pci-scan

Benni Motz benni.motz@gmx.net
Sat Dec 29 09:34:00 2001

I hope this is on-topic here.

I need to compile the natsemi.c for my debian-woody with kernel
2.2.19. I did everything as explained in the docs on
www.scyld.com/network/. That means I installed the appropriate
kernel-source, downloaded pci-scan.[ch] and kern_compat.h +
natsemi.c, and compiled, first pci-scan.c then natsemi.c with the
commands at the end of these files. Everything worked fine without
errors, however when I `insmod pci-scan.o` I get many unresolved
symbols:

pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_write_config_byte
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol kmalloc
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_find_class
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol __check_region
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_read_config_byte
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_read_config_dword
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol __ioremap
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_read_config_word
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol kfree
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_set_master
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_write_config_dword
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_write_config_word
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol printk
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol ioport_resource
pci-scan.o: Note: modules without a GPL compatible license cannot use GPLONLY_ symbols

Of course `insmod natsemi.o` doesn't work either then, dumping
unresolved symbols. As I don't have any technical experience with
these problems and don't know anything about the errors I can't help
myself. Does anyone know what is missing here, and what I can do to
get the driver running?

Thanks, benni m.
--
                 mailto:benni.motz@gmx.net icq:117727031