[realtek] New Problem with my RTL8139

Chris Fowler cfowler@outpostsentinel.com
Thu Dec 27 20:21:00 2001

System:

BCOM ThinClient Platform
RTL8139C Chipset
Celeron 300
128MB Memory
Disk is 32MB DOC2000

It appears that if I assign an ip address in my configuration all is well.
If I run pump the system seems to stop and I get the following messages

[root@cas8]# pump

eth0: Too much work at interrupt, IntrStatus=0x0001.
eth0: Too much work at interrupt, IntrStatus=0x0001.

What is most strange is that this does not happen on my older software that
I load.  If I load my new software I get these error messages.  I never
modified pump.  I just exec() it from a C program if the user has DHCP
enabled.  Could I have a memroy buffer issue?

Thanks,
Chris