[realtek] GF4050C (RTL8139)

Ralph Corderoy ralph@inputplus.demon.co.uk
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:50:02 +0100

Hi,

>   If the answer is "never, under Linux, but it works fine in MS
>   Windows" then we have to figure out what turns on the repeater.

>From the data sheet it looks like the repeater chip is
non-programmable.  The six Physical Layer Transceivers indicate that it
is simply operating as a six port repeater with one port connected to
the PCI bus and the other five going outside;  therefore the repeater
operation has no need of any programming.

    http://tmi.com.tw/Data/Spec/6097p-10.PDF

I've found a suggestion that the PCI-NE2000 driver may be suitable for
this card.

    http://lhd.zdnet.com/db/dispproduct.php3?DISP?837
    http://www.scyld.com/network/ne2k-pci.html

But I guess that may just be that older versions of the GF4050C used an
RTL8029.

Ralph.