[realtek] Can not compile rtl8139.c

Juan Fco Rodriguez Hervella jrh@it.uc3m.es
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:53:03 +0200

Jeff Garzik wrote:

> > I am actually using 2.2.19, but it is a kernel from
> > usagi snapshots. I am going to ask to USAGI team, may be
> > they explain to me what is happening...
>
> What OS are you running?  RedHat 7?

I am using Suse 7.0

> They include kernel 2.4 headers.  I would advise using kernel 2.2.19
> with 2.2 headers...

ummmm, so THIS is the problem, USAGI patches are using 2.4 kernel
headers
=> I can not upgrade the rtl8139.c v.1.07 date 5/6/99 (very old) which
hangs up
with high traffic.

I need to use the USAGI patch, but I would like to upgrade the driver.

Thanks for your information...

--
Juan F. Rodriguez Hervella