[realtek] pbm with a RLT 8139 on a ASUS laptop under linux RH7

svanesse@alineos.com svanesse@alineos.com
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 14:22:02 +0200

Hi,
I just bought an ASUS 8400-c laptop with a built-in Realtek 8139
Ethernet card and I'm trying to install linux on it. Under linux some
error message are displayed each time i try to access to the eth0
interface : (it looks like this)

eth0: RTL8139 Interrupt line blocked, status ffff
eth0: PCI Bus Error 2900007.
eth0: PCI Bus Error 2900007.
eth0: PCI Bus Error 2900007.
eth0: PCI Bus Error 2900007.
eth0: Too much work at interrupt, InrStatus=0xffdf

I installed the diagnostic tool and the rtl81939-diag send me :

rtl8139-diag.c:v2.00 4/19/2000 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
 http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
Index #1: Found a RealTek RTL8139 adapter at 0xf000.
The RealTek chip appears to be active, so some registers will not be
read.
To see all register values use the '-f' flag.
RealTek chip registers at 0xf000
 0x000: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
ffffffff
 0x020: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
ffffffff
 0x040: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
ffffffff
 0x060: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
ffffffff.
  Interrupt sources are pending.
   Rx Complete indication.
   Rx Error indication.
   Transmit OK indication.
   Transmit Error indication.
   Rx Buffer Overflow indication.
   Rx Buffer Underrun indication.
   Rx FIFO Overflow indication.
   unknown-0080 indication.
   unknown-0100 indication.
   unknown-0200 indication.
   PCS timeout - packet too long indication.
   PCI System Error indication.
   (null) indication.
   (null) indication.
   (null) indication.
   (null) indication.
 The chip configuration is 0xff 0xff, 10baseT full-duplex mode.
EEPROM size test returned 8, 0xfffffff / 0x1fffffff.

thanx to give me some help (i really need some)
Simon Vanesse
svanesse@alineos.com