[realtek] D-Link DFE-358tX

ian miletos@permedia.ca
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 19:12:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

First of all, is this the correct place to ask about Linux support for
the D-Link DFE-538TX ethernet Adapter card?

I have a questions about support for my Ethernet card with SuSe 7.2.
I have just installed this distribution and I believe I can use
kernels 2.4 or 2.2.18.

This d-link card came with a floppy disc which has the source code
for a kernel module which worked with recent Red Hat and Mandrake
releases. Now, however, I am having problems compiling this same
code with SuSe 7.2.

Can anyone give me advice on how I can use my ethernet adapter card
with this SuSe release? Is there an update to the original module
code which works with the new 2.4 kernel?

I hope this is the appropriate place to ask.

thanks,
ian

ian@permedia.ca