[realtek] ISA irqs (scanned) = 3,4,5 PCI status changes.

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:30:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Marco Dubbeld wrote:

> I've tried to get my Compx readylink TX32A uo and runningbut without success.
>
> PCI devices found:
> In proc pci the device is reported
>   Bus 32, device   0, function  0:
>     Ethernet controller: Realtek Unknown device (rev 16).
>       Vendor id=10ec. Device id=8138.
>       Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.

No IRQ or I/O space has been assigned.

> So I tried with "cb_enabler", "pci-scan", cb_shim", "realtek_cb"

Where did you get this module list from?
The driver name should be "rtl8139".

The "realtek_cb" name is only when using the old driver scheme.  The old
scheme links directly to cb_enabler, but the resulting driver cannot be used
for regular PCI cards.

> After card insertion they do get loaded:
> Module                  Size  Used by
> realtek_cb             11920   0  (unused)
> cb_shim                 2564   0  (unused)
> pci-scan                2384   0 [cb_shim]
> cb_enabler              2280   1  [realtek_cb cb_shim]
> cs: cb_alloc(bus 32): vendor 0x10ec, device 0x8138
> cb_shim.c:v1.00 4/15/2000  Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com>
>  http://www.scyld.com/linux/drivers.html
> rtl8139.c:v1.10 5/29/2000 Donald Becker, becker@scyld.com.
>  http://www.scyld.com/network/rtl8139.html
> Should I have seen an entry like????:
> 	3:	xxxxxx	XT-PIC  realtek_cb

Yes, but only after the eth0 interface is started.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403