[realtek] via-rhine kills rtl8139

Jens Kriebitzsch jens_kriebitzsch@hotmail.com
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 22:45:59 GMT

Hello,

I am happily using a SN5100TX PCI Fast Ethernet Card on PCI slot 2, with IRQ
10 with a via-rhine driver.
I am also happily using a Realtek 8139 based Ethernet Card on PCI slot 1,
with IRQ 10 as well.
Everything works nicely as long as I use only one of the two slots.
BUT: when I use my Realtek card on PCI slot 1, whith IRQ 10, and I plug the
via-rhine card into the _disabled_ PCI slot 2, with IRQ 11 assigned to it,
the Realtek card will not work any longer (that is I cannot ping my
ADSL-"modem" anymore, which I can when the via-rhine card is removed.

Although this is probably no driver problem, I do hope that some of you are
interested by this compatibility (?) problem, as I didn't find any mailing
list coming closer to it.

Any ideas on this one? Thank you for your help!

jens_kriebitzsch@hotmail.com