Please help us !

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue May 2 03:23:08 2000

On Wed, 3 May 2000, [euc-kr] Á¶±¸Çö wrote:

> We developed our board it is used your RTL8139 B
> Our board have a PCI 2.1 interface specification.
>
> At first We used your RTL8029 chip set .
> It is fully operated in our board based on Lynux OS.

You mean Linux, not Lynx, correct?

> And  we desined our board your RTL8139B
> But it does not operated in our board.
> Err message is "packet is over sized FFFFFFFFH"
> and ping test did not success.

This indicates a bus master failure of some type.

What is the board detection message?

> The problem is considered  deference of PCI version betwin Ver 2.1 and Ver 2.2 .

There are two driver variations: one uses I/O operations, the uses PCI memory
operations.  The one you have depends on the driver version.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Scyld Computing Corporation
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210
Annapolis MD 21403