Drivers Dont seem to work!

Ultrashock ultrashock@home.com
Sat Mar 11 03:58:38 2000

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BF8AFC.4649DA20

I'm using RedHat 6.1 and I've noticed that the drivers for the RealTek =
chip is part of the kernel... I looked on the web page for my card =
manufacturer (AOpen) and it says that there are linux drivers, and that =
they were yours and that they were part of linux already.. So! Having =
read that, I installed linux, and the eth0 and eth1 (I have two) showed =
up fine, and said that they were [  OK  ] and so, I tried an ifconfig =
and didn't see them... weird because I have @Home, and the other is for =
a LAN of mine. so I decided to set things up, one for DHCP and the other =
for 192.168.0.1 and rebooted... same problem, they dont show up in =
ifconfig, so I tried a "ifconfig eth0 up" and for eth1 as well, it said =
that the devices were temporarily unavailable... so I tried to recompile =
the kernel and modules, but no go...

Is there something I should know?? =3D)

Thanks for your time,
Phil Durand

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BF8AFC.4649DA20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm using RedHat 6.1 and I've noticed =
that the=20
drivers for the RealTek chip is part of the kernel... I looked on the =
web page=20
for my card manufacturer (AOpen) and it says that there are linux =
drivers, and=20
that they were yours and that they were part of linux already.. So! =
Having read=20
that, I installed linux, and the eth0 and eth1 (I have two) showed up =
fine, and=20
said that they were [&nbsp; OK&nbsp; ] and so, I tried an ifconfig and =
didn't=20
see them... weird because I have @Home, and the other is for a LAN of =
mine. so I=20
decided to set things up, one for DHCP and the other for 192.168.0.1 and =

rebooted... same problem, they dont show up in ifconfig, so I tried a =
"ifconfig=20
eth0 up" and for eth1 as well, it said that the devices were temporarily =

unavailable... so I tried to recompile the kernel and modules, but no=20
go...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is there something I should know?? =
=3D)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for your time,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Phil Durand</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BF8AFC.4649DA20--