[realtek] setup program for RealTek 8139

sharkey@ale.physics.sunysb.edu sharkey@ale.physics.sunysb.edu
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:11:14 +0900

> Yes, I did.  I also read the http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
> page.  I scanned the code of both rtl8139-diag.c and mii-diag.c.
> Still no idea how to enable/disable the BootROM.

Hmm.  I don't have any cards with a BootROM, so I've never had the
opportunity or need to do such a thing.

mii-diag lets you read/write to any eeprom register on the card.  All
you need to know is which one and what to write there.  Unfortunately,
that information may be card specific.   I'm out of my element here,
though.  You'll have to wait for one of the bigger guns on this list
to answer you.

Are you able to use the -B option to dump your BootROM contents?  Not
particularly useful, I'd imagine, but it would still let you know that
your machine can read the chip.  (Make sure to compile with libflash.)

> And setting the NIC
> to do Auto-Negotiation (or any other type like 100BaseTx) does not work
> (-A <type>).

Strange.  That's usually default.  Are you sure your link partner is
capable of it?

Eric