RTL8139 TX timeouts

Michael Renzmann mrenzmann@compulan.de
Mon Feb 14 09:18:06 2000

Hi.

> FYI, from time to time I get error message like this:
[...]

I encountered a similar problem a few minutes ago. Kernel is 2.2.14,
I use two RTL8139-Cards. Trying to ping IPs within our network
failed, then the following message came up:

eth0: Transmit timeout, status 01 0000 media 80
eth0: Tx queue start entry 4  dirty entry 0.

After this message pinging worked again (from linux and from other
computers within the same network). Any hints what to do against this
behaviour? I plan to use the rtl8139 within some of our products, so
those "i donīt want to ping"-feature wouldnīt be good :)

Bye, Mike