Wakeup frame

Nagilum akuehn@HTWM.De
Tue Feb 8 09:34:49 2000

sharkey@superk.physics.sunysb.edu wrote:

> > I know this is a bit off topic, but only a bit. I recently tried to wake
> > up my box using the program below but either this program doesn't work
> > or my hardware setup is wrong because it did not work.
>
> Can you elaborate on what your hardware setup is?  AFAIK, a generic PCI
> LAN card cannot wake up a PC.  It need to be specially designed for this
> purpose and have a cable which goes directly from the card to the
> motherboard.  And it only works in ATX systems, of course.

Of course i have ATX and a network card which is supposed to be able to wake
up the computer (and i have the little power cable connecting the board and
the nw-card plugged in)
The board is a MS6167 the network adapter is a LevelONE FNC-0107TX.
Alexander.

#    _  __          _ __http://home.htwm.de/akuehn/MPeople/MPeople.html#
#   / |/ /__ ____ _(_) /_ ____ _        dedicated to one of the best.. #
#  /    / _ `/ _ `/ / / // /  ' \ nagilum@chillout.org or +01776461165 #
# /_/|_/\_,_/\_, /_/_/\_,_/_/_/_/ Amiga OS/NetBSD(68k)/Linux(68k/PPC)  #
#           /___/            x86:   Linux / OpenBSD / FreeBSD / Win 98 #