[realtek] Dlink DFE-530TX+ compatibility

Chris Leavoy chrisleavoy@home.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 23:30:11 -0400

> 0x0010  Rx Buffer overflow, set when the Rx ring overflows due to high
 >         interrupt latency
 > 0x0020	  Rx packet underrun: this should never occur</tr>
 > 0x0040	  Rx FIFO overflow: this should never occur</tr>
>
> Basically, something has gone horribly wrong with your system.  The driver
> interrupt handler hasn't been run enough, and the 32KB ring has
overflowed.
> Some is blocking interrupts for a really long time.

I think you are right, it might be something wong with my system because I
have similar problems with a tulip based network card. What about BIOS
settings? What settings do you think could cause this kind of behaviour?  I
*think* ive seen a setting for pci latency timer in the bios, where i could
choose from a list of settings: 16, 32, 64, 128, 256...  I think its set to
64. Could this be the cause?  If not, do you have any ideas what else could
be causing this behaviour?

Thanks in advance,
Chris Leavoy