[realtek] networking problems.... (Partial Solution)

David Pitts dsp6855@mail.qx.net
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 23:29:39 -0400

Donald,
Thanks for the help.  The problem (so far) is that the machine has 5 PCI
slots.  I needed to tell the BIOS that the third slot (where the card is
installed) is on Bus 0.  This got the network to work.  I then started
downloading something (a large tar'ed file - approx. size 192 Meg.) from
another machine.

After a short time (the first time was about 1 min, the second time was
almost immediately), the system rebooted on its own.

I saw no errors placed in the logs.  When the system came back up,
networking was functional.  But, a second attempt at downloading the same
file caused an immediate reboot.  I did not try again.

Anyone have any further suggestions or ideas?

I did run diags (mii-diag) and saw nothing out of place.

Thanks,

David