[realtek] Re: kswapd dereferencing NULL pointer; kernel panic

Kenneth J. Hendrickson khendric@BluTie_linux.MLB.ESID.NorthGrum.com
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:52:17 -0400

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 09:43:01AM +0100, Martin Hillier wrote:
> Kernel message (fault/error etc) in swapper task (something like this)
> and the machine hangs, after transferring a few meg. I am not sure what this
> is related to, network or scsi drive?

Probably neither.  I've seen this problem with kernel version
2.2.15-2.9.0 running on a G3 Power Mac.  This machine DOES NOT
have the realtek Ethernet card.  It does have scsi.

I haven't yet tried to find and fix the bug.

On what hardware and kernel version are you seeing the bug?

Ken Hendrickson
Northrop Grumman