[realtek] winbond.c

Raphael Dierkes R.Dierkes@sealnet.de
Fri, 04 Aug 2000 15:52:38 +0200

Hello,

this is not the correct mailing-list but i need help to configure the winbond w89c840f chipset.
I want to use a LevelOne FNC-0500TX network card. This board contains a  winbond chip and
an integrated 5 port 10/100 Mbps FD/HD switch.
I think the winbond chip is connected directly to the switch because the module can't find any
PHY chip.
my problems:

eth0: Oversized Ethernet frame spanned multiple buffer netdev_rx() status was 0x80000000
and
eth0: Transmit error, Tx status 0x0000840

btw the output from the winbond-diag:

Port selection is 10mbps-serial, full-duplex
The Rx process state is 'Waiting for packets'.
The Tx process state is '<invalid Tx state 5>'.

Is there a bug in the diag-tool? The port-selection line isn't corresponding to the netcfg register (0x2002232: full-duplex, 100mbps).

Is there a chance to fix the problems?

best regards

Raphael Dierkes

r.dierkes@sealnet.de