Redhat6 compiling problems

qK qk@softhome.net
Mon Sep 20 22:37:13 1999

Hi. I am trying to compile the rtl8139.c on Redhat6 system. Its pretty much
an out of the box system, but i recompiled the kernel to remove everything i
dont need.

When trying to compile the driver.c i get this error:

rtl8139.c:1115:macro `dev_kfree_skb' used with just one arg
rtl8139.c:1348:macro `dev_kfree_skb' used with just one arg

I thought maybe it was a corrupted file so copied to another system here
that is running out of the box (no recompile of anything) slack4.

Redhat6 runs a 2.2.5-15 kernel and Slack4 runs 2.2.6. Just outta curosity i
compiled on slack and brought over to redhat and tried to 'insmod driver.o'
but it said wrong kernel version. (hey, it was worth a shot).

I am not a linux genius, as you might tell, but i am learning as i go and
loving the HOWTO files :)

Any help you can give on this would be appreciated. Someone told me that a
simple upgrade on the redhat box to the 2.2.6 kernel *should* make it
compile so ill try that later this week.

Anyway..thanks for your time..see ya.

-Matt