Minor problem....

sharkey@superk.physics.sunysb.edu sharkey@superk.physics.sunysb.edu
Wed Nov 10 03:06:56 1999

> Hello, my name is Steve Huckabee

Hi, Steve!

> and I am the Computer Systems Admin for a
> company called Passport America.

That's nice.

> We have a small Ethernet set-up in our
> office and are useing Realtek RTL8029 PCI Ethernet card to connect, my
> problem is that they have lost the driver disks for the card.

No problem!  You've come to the right place.  You can download a driver
from this page:

http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/ne2k-pci.html

> We are using Windows 95 opperating system

Oh, that is a problem.  Windows 95 is obsolete and is not supported by the
driver mentioned above.  Why don't you upgrade your OS to something better?

If you wish to purchase a CD-ROM with a new operating system, you may get a
copy, for very little cost, from www.cheapbytes.com.  I recommend this upgrade
package:

http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart/0070010409

It also contains the driver for the 8029 ethernet card right on the disk, so
there's no need to need to download it separately!

If you have a fast connection to the internet, you can also download the
upgrade from ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian.  Instructions for installing
the upgrade are available here:

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/current/install.html

Enjoy,

Eric