RTL8139 loosing connectivity; stock 2.2.13

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@radiumsystems.com.br
Mon Nov 1 12:02:01 1999

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999 sharkey@ale.physics.sunysb.edu wrote:

> > I'm having sporadic failure using an rtl8139 with stock 2.2.13 on two
> > boxes here.
>
> Join the club.  I curse the day I bought all of those cheap rtl8139 cards...

Does the cesdis driver differ significantly from the distributed driver?
And is running the diagnostic any help at all?

> My 3c905's never have such problems, nor any of my 10Mbps cards.

Aye, we have vortexes on most boxes and they work fine. My NE2000s work
well, surprisingly.

> > rmmod'ing the driver and
> > modprobing it back definitely fixes the problem.
>
> Usually a simple "ifconfig down; ifconfig up" works too.

And we keep the routes. Better idea :)