unknown errors (fwd)

Marcos Dione mdione@hal.famaf.unc.edu.ar
Mon Dec 6 08:47:08 1999

	again...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon Dec  6 08:47:08 1999
From: Marcos Dione <mdione@hal.famaf.unc.edu.ar>
To: linux-realtek@beowulf.gsfc.nasa.gov
Subject: unknown errors

	hi, I'm administrating 90 compaqs which came with the rtl8139. i'm
using mdk-6.1 (i.e., kernel 2.2.13). the problem is:

copying large files (with large=1Gb) from one machine to another I
ramdonly get error messages like

etho: Transmit timeout, status 0d000 media 00
    : Tx queue start entry x+4 dirty entry x

where x is some number. while the error isn't present, the copy is smooth,
but when it shows, the copy stops a while, and restart after a ramdon time
ranging from 1 min to never!

	any hint?