Rx-Problem with 8139.c Driver

Stefan Meister Stefan.Meister@t-online.de
Fri Dec 3 15:57:09 1999

Hello,
I have a problem in receiving Data-Packets with an Lantech Fastnet TX
PCI-Card with an 8139A.
If i send files bigger than (ca.) 64K to the receiving Linux-Server
the network-connection is broken. I tried this out while sending files
with changing filesize increased step by step via ftp from an Windows
(or OS/2-Warp) Client to the Linux-FTP-Server.
Originally i was pointed to that Problem while using the Linux-PC as a
Fileserver under Samba. When i copied Files to a shared Directory
(with r/w permission) the Samba-Server was broken.
I use a RedHat-Distribution with Kernel-Version 2.2.9 and the
rtl8139.c Driver V. 1.06.
I also got the V. 1.08 which i compiled in the Kernel with the same
result as mentioned above.
Server: ASUS SP3G, 486AMDx133, 32MB
What can i do?
Thank you & with kind regards...