Lanbit Realtek 8139 problems

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 5 22:16:48 1999

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Jeff Bate wrote:

> I have a Lanbit Realtek 8139 card that I have been unable to make work
> on my dual P133 Micronics M54P board.  The card works fine in a
> different machine.  I am using Linux kernal 2.2.1.
> The card appears to be recognized correctly when the rtl8139 module is
> loaded:
>
> 	eth1: RealTek RTL8139 Fast Ethernet at 0xfc00, IRQ 0,
> 00:20:18:88:99:2a.

IRQ 0 means that no IRQ has been assigned.

> The IRQ 0 does not seem right though.  I pulled pci-utils 1.10 and tried
> to use setpci to change the INTERRUPT_LINE or INTERRUPT_PIN.  I could
> not seem to change either of them.

That's won't change the interrupt steering.
Read
   http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/misc/irq-conflict.html

misnamed "PnP OS".

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html