[netdrivers] Truncated received packets with 4-port D-Link DFE-580TX and sundance driver

Michael Gellman m.gellman at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jul 6 09:47:35 PDT 2005

Hello:

I have a set of machines using the 4-port D-Link DFE-580TX networking
cards using the sundance networking driver under a vanilla linux kernel
version 2.4.29.

I am doing some work at the routing layer of the kernel, and am having a
problem that occasionally the received packet is shorter than the
transmitted packet. Using tcpdump at both ends of a connection shows
that the tail of the packet is simply being chopped off. This is at very
low sending rates (1Mb/s).

I searched through the archives, and even tried applying the patch from
this post, but with no success:

http://www.scyld.com/pipermail/netdrivers/2005-March/000130.html

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it. I really can't
get my work done until I fix this problem.

Thanks!

Michael Gellman