[netdrivers] 3c509 -or- 3c515

TKA Site Errors siteerrors@torrentskickass.com
Mon Oct 13 12:18:01 2003

--Apple-Mail-2--326700905

Hello,
	First off, I would like to state that I am very new to RedHat linux.
I have been using Mac OS X for quite some time so I'm not a stranger to
the command line, but RedHat 9, I have no idea whats what just yet.

I just installed a fresh copy of RedHat 9 on to  a:

75 MHz
20 GB HD
64 MB RAM

I want to get my 3C509B ISA Card working an functional.  The RedHat
installation did not detect my card during installation so its just
simply not working.   I know as much that I need a driver for this to
actually work.  I found your "3c509.c" file and compiled it with this
command:

gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c 3c509.c
-I/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8/include

also I used "linux-2.4" between the /src/ and the /include and still it
just doesn't compile

I read, also, that somewhere along the line, the kernel changed for
some reason and that compile line stopped working.

I also read that:
"3c515 ISA Fast EtherLink card. This is the only supported ISA 10/100
Ethernet adapter."
On
http://www.scyld.com/network_index.html#isa

Now, If I purchase the 3c515 ISA card off of eBay, will I be able to
use this care with RedHat 9 and your "3c515.c" software and/or will
RedHat 9 support it?

Please let me know as soon as you can, if you can.  Your help is
greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Dariusz
[...]

Dariusz</x-tad-bigger></fontfamily>