[netdrivers] Re: via-rhine.o: init-module: Device or resource busy

Irfan Butt Irfan Butt" <butty@mail.totalise.co.uk
Fri Nov 8 11:50:01 2002

All,

Actually I have just found something interesting.

In desperation I was hunting around for an alternative network card and
found one in the form of an RTL8139 chipset card.

I inserted the card, booted did an insmod on pci-scan and also an insmod on
my newly compiled rtl8139.o from the scyld.com website.

This gave exactly the same result as the DFE-530TX card:
"init-module: Device or resource busy"

I then did an rmmod on pci-scan and tried an insmod on the version of
rtl8139.o that was shipped with the linux distro.

Voila!  It worked!  Therefore it seems to me that there is some issue or
other with the pci-scanning code in pci-scan.

What do you think?