AW: [epic] can't compile epic100.c under 2.4 kernel (Red Hat 7.1) ?

Boch, Heiko Heiko.Boch@t-systems.de
Thu, 10 May 2001 09:18:25 +0200

Well, I had trouble with the epic100 and SuSE 7.1.
The compiled module they ship with their kernel 2.4.0
didn't work with my SMC Etherpower II 10/100. Needless
to say that the source-module did when I compiled a
new kernel. Finally I got it running with some patches
from Andreas Steinmetz [ast@domdv.de]. He posted
them a while ago to this list (that time for a 2.2.x kernel,
but they seem to work for 2.4.0 as well - if you patch
smart by hand ;-).

For those of you who are interested in the source of my
my current working module have a look at
http://lrcwww.epfl.ch/~boch/sw/epic100.c.txt

Good look,

	Heiko