Epic100 problems.

Anthony Schlemmer Anthony.Schlemmer@gte.net
Fri Mar 12 09:45:42 1999

I was unable to use the my SMC Etherpower II cards at 100 Tx with the
old 0.99B driver. When I first started using Linux with this NIC I had
to replace my 100BaseTx hub with a 10BaseT one. It wasn't until v1.03 of
the driver came out that I was able to put my 100BaseTx back into my
network. Right now I'm running with the v1.04 driver using a 2.0.36
kernel. I have compiled the v1.06 driver and had that running with a
2.0.35 kernel until I upgraded my Linux distribution. Unfortunately the
Linux distribution I use is shipping with the older v1.04 version of the
Epic100 driver than what is currently available from the CESDIS website.

Tony

Anthony.Schlemmer@gte.net