Networking dropping and CDrecord

Karl Bellve, Ph.D. kdb@molmed.ummed.edu
Tue Feb 16 10:47:49 1999

I have found a problem with my Etherpower II and the epic100 drive. I
believe I am using version 0.98b that came with RH 5.2. If I burn a CD,
using CDRecord, I can lose the network on the linux box. If I ping the
linux box during the burn, I will always lose the network on the linux
box. I can restart the network on the linux box and that fixes it.

I noticed that epic100 1.06 is out but I come up with tons of errors
when I compile version 1.04 for linking it into the kernal as a module.
I haven't tried compiling 1.06 yet.

my first error is on line 168:
Parse error before 'u16'
warning: no semicolon at the end of the struct or union

line 172:
parse error before '}'

ASUS P5A-B
K6-2 333
128MB ram
RH5.2, 2.0.36
SMC Etherpower II
Advansys SCSI controller
Yamaha CDR

--
Cheers,

Karl Bellve, Ph.D.                   ICQ # 13956200
Biomedical Imaging Group             TLCA# 7938
University of Massachusetts
Email: kdb@molmed.ummed.edu
Phone: (508) 856-6514
Fax:   (508) 856-1840