Problem with SuSe-Linux 5.3

Anthony Schlemmer Anthony.Schlemmer@gte.net
Thu Apr 8 12:46:03 1999

Alexander Meurer wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using SuSe-Linux 5.3 and a SMC PCI EtherPower 9432TX card.
> I found out, that I have to use the epic100-module.
>
> But when I start my system, I get the following message:
> eth0: SMC EPIC/100 at 0xe400, IRQ 10, ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff.
> eth0: ***WARNING***: No MII transceiver found!
>
> By now I'm working with a very cheap 10Base-T hub.
> But in the near future I will upgrade to a 100Base-TX Hub with
> full-duplex.
>
> I tried to configure the module as follows:
> debug=1 options=4 full_duplex=0
>
> What's wrong?
>
> Regards
>   Alexander Meurer
>  | To unsubscribe, send mail to Majordomo@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov, and within the
>  |  body of the mail, include only the text:
>  | You will be unsubscribed as speedily as possible.

It's been a while since I ran SuSE 5.3 and so could you tell me what
version of the Epic100 driver it ships with? I don't think I ever ran my
9432TX card with the stock SusE drivers as they tended to be older
versions. I'm currently running two SuSE 6.0 boxes with version 1.04 of
the driver and that version of the driver has worked for both SuSE 5.3
and 6.0 on both my systems. I know there are newer versions of the Epic
driver but I happened to have a copy of the 1.04 driver laying around on
my systems and have kept using it. I know one of my systems was running
SuSE 5.3 with the 1.06 version of the driver until I upgraded it SuSE
6.0. I seemed to have misplaced the driver source and so I fell back to
using the 1.04 driver.

Tony

--
Anthony.Schlemmer@gte.net