[eepro100] EEpro100, Red Hat 7.1, wait_for_cmd_done timeout errors

Jim Hribnak hribnak@nucleus.com
Fri Jan 3 17:44:00 2003

I grabbed the ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/netdrivers.tgz  files, I ran a
make all went fine no errors, just a clean compile.  I am a little scared to
do a make install incase something breaks (this is a live system)..   I am
trying toi fix a periodic
wait_for_cmd_done timeout error. my RedHat 7.1 box has (according to dmesg
the following eepro100 driver installed:

eepro100.c:v1.09j-t 9/29/99 Donald Becker
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/eepro100.html
eepro100.c: $Revision: 1.36 $ 2000/11/17 Modified by Andrey V. Savochkin
<saw@saw.sw.com.sg> and others

I am hoping the new version will work and these cmd errors will go away.
box has been online sunce Jun/Jul 2002 and this error just started in mid
Dec.// (why?  Busier web sites? (only about 30 or so sites on this server)

Any further info I might need? would like to have this done before I leave
for the weekend as 3am drives back into the office are not my thing <grin>

Thanks

Jim Hribnak
Manager Communication Services
Nucleus Inc.