SOLVED: [eepro100] eth0: card reports no resources

John Jones johnj@ActiveState.com
Mon Sep 23 11:14:02 2002

I'll post to the list, since search engines archive this stuff (and might
help someone down the line having the same trouble we did).

The best way to troubleshoot, for us, was to throw on iptraf
(http://cebu.mozcom.com/riker/iptraf/), a traffic analyzer/logger.  Having
that running as part of our troubleshooting process during these periods of
'interface failure' quickly showed us where the trouble was -truly- coming
from.  Having this program on your firewall (preferrably on a mountable
partition or disk) is invaluable, and I recommend it to everyone.

John Jones
Systems Administrator
ActiveState.com