[eepro100] Compile errors

John Jones johnj@ActiveState.com
Mon Sep 16 18:42:01 2002

Hmmm... starting from scratch, doing a 'make mrproper', 'make menuconfig
(exit, save)' and then the rest seemed to fix it.

Sorry about the redflag. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: eepro100-admin@scyld.com [mailto:eepro100-admin@scyld.com]On
Behalf Of John Jones
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 3:30 PM
To: eepro100@scyld.com
Subject: [eepro100] Compile errors

In following the instructions on the website for updating the drivers, I
have hit a snag on 'make bzImage'.  Error dump follows:

eepro100.o(.text+0x2858): undefined reference to `pci_drv_register'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Redhat 6.2, custom 2.2.16 kernel with ip_masq_gre VPN compiled in.

I have ensured that the pci-scan.* and kern-compat.h files are ftp'ed down
and built.  Any help appreciated.  We are having all kinds of 'eth0: card
reports no resources' errors.