[eepro100] Fixed wait_for_cmd timeout in Compaq Presario 2700T with Redhat Linux 7.3

Michael A Chase Michael A Chase <mchase@ix.netcom.com>
Tue Oct 29 08:47:01 2002

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 17:40:51 -0800 (PST) Michael A Chase <mchase@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> One of the messages mentioned a possible conflict between the Linux APM
> module and the eepro100.  Since the APM module doesn't work with the
> Presario 2700T anyway I uninstalled the APM module and now my network is
> operating normally.
>
> The only changes I have made since the network was almost unusable because
> of wait_for_cmd timeouts are subscribing to this list and removing the APM
> module.  I plan to remain subscribed for a couple weeks just in case that
> was the fix.

I spoke too soon.  Removing the apm module seemed to fix the problem for
Redhat Linux 7.3, so I upgraded to 8.0 (taking care to not install apm) and
the problem is back.  It doesn't seem quite as severe, but it is hard to
tell.  Are there other modules that might interfere with eepro100?
--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html