[eepro100] Speed and Duplexing, Once Again

Danish Mirza danish@lehman.com
Thu Oct 17 17:26:01 2002

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
Yes you are right about the eepro100.

So now Im using tg3 drivers to work with gige.
I've configure the box to come up on the network.
I even forced the the interface using ethtool command:
ethtool -s eth0 autoneg on speed 1000 duplex full

Then I use the mii-tool -v to show the speed it shows:

[root@host1 root]# mii-tool -v
eth0: negotiated, link ok
  product info: vendor 00:08:18, model 22 rev 2
  basic mode:   autonegotiation enabled
  basic status: autonegotiation complete, link ok
  capabilities: 100baseTx-FD 100baseTx-HD 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD
  advertising:  100baseTx-FD 100baseTx-HD 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD
flow-control

It shows 100baseTx-FD.  Can mii-tool handles gige speeds ?
Do we have another utility by you to check the status.

regards

danish