[eepro100] eepro and nfs file handle

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed Nov 6 16:16:03 2002

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Traylen, SM (Steve)  wrote:

> >>  I have a problem which I have after a lot if investigation
> >>  have narrowed down to the combination of eepro100 cards
> >>  and particular group of boxes I have.
>
> >What driver version?
> >What is the detection message?
..
> So its a 2.2.19 kernel from redhat on a rh6.2 box.
> This appears to have been built with a eepro.c that has
> "eepro100.c:v1.09j-t 9/29/99,
> though the last modification appears to be
>
> 2000 Nov 15 , Changed command completion time and added debug info, ...

This is a modified driver, starting from a three year old version.
You should ask the people that modified the driver for support.

[[ Of course, they are not around any more.  It's far easier to patch
once and take credit, than to stay around fix the bugs the patched
version introduces or fails to solve. ]]

> [root@gppce06 /root]# ./eepro100-diag -f -a

1. Run eepro100-diag -ee
2. Use

mkdir /tmp/netdrivers/
cd /tmp/netdrivers/
ncftp ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/netdrivers.tgz
tar xfvz netdrivers.tgz
make
make install