[eepro100] eepro and nfs file handle

Traylen, SM (Steve) S.M.Traylen@rl.ac.uk
Wed Nov 6 13:15:28 2002

Hi,

 I have a problem which I have after a lot if investigation
 have narrowed down to the combination of eepro100 cards
 and particular group of boxes I have.

 The problem manifests its self when I mount an nfs partition
 and then try and run something in that partition. Things like

 /nfsmount/usr/bin/date

 work just fine however

 /nfsmount/usr/bin/ls

 will cause the NFS mount to hang and the machine has to
 be rebooted.

 After looking at the tcpdumps by far the most intresting thing
 is that I do not seem to be getting a file handle.

 13:05:04.124247 eth0 > gpplcfg.gridpp.rl.ac.uk.nfs >
gppce06.gridpp.rl.ac.uk.2475694225: reply ok 128 lookup fh Unknown/1

 Is what appears on the server.
 The same box with an e1000 card and then I do not get this Unknown
filehandle
 and everything works okay.

 I tried the various diagnostics but am not getting very far.

   Please any ideas.

     Steve

--
Steve Traylen