[eepro100] eepro100 ( and pci_scan) gives unresolved symbols errors

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu May 2 18:42:02 2002

On Thu, 2 May 2002 TRobert459@aol.com wrote:

>    I am trying to use the latest eepro100 from the www.scyld.com on a
> minimal linux system but I am receiving a number of unresolved symbol
> errors when I try to load pci_scan. The unresolved symbols include
> things like softnet_data_R34d7fb3a, pci_drv_unregister,
> acpi_set_pwr_state and more.

You compiled against the wrong header files.

Look at the Makefile
      ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/Makefile
to see where your new kernel should put its header files.

> The pci_scan ( and eepro100 ) load fine
> on a complete version of the RH7.1 linux( 2.4.12). The cutdown linux
> is based on this build. What is the easiest was to findout what is
> missing from the cutdown linux system ?

Nothing is missing.  The problem is the unexpected place that Red Hat
wants to put the header files for the currently running kernel.