[eepro100] mii-diag compile question

Levin, Shanan Shanan.Levin@comverse.com
Tue Mar 19 16:13:02 2002

Hello,
I'm not quite sure where to turn with this question.  I'm trying to simply
compile mii-diag.c (from Donald Becker) on a SCO UnixWare 7.1.1 box and
after doing some minor changes to get it to work with the SCO C libs this is
where I'm stuck:

I had to copy the getopts.h file from GNU C libs (from a Red Hat linux box)
because it doesn't seem to exist in SCO C libs.
My main concern is getopt_long, I can't find it defined anywhere and it has
stopped me in my tracks.  If someone could please tell me where getopt_long
is actually defined, that would at least be a starting point toward my
compilation of mii-diag on a SCO UnixWare box.

any leads would be helpful.
Thanks in advance!
Shanan Levin

$ uname -a
UnixWare uw711-serv 5 7.1.1 i386 x86at SCO UNIX_SVR5

$ /usr/local/bin/gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O mii-diag.c -DLIBMII
libmii.c -o mii-diag
mii-diag.c: In function `parse_advertise':
mii-diag.c:313: warning: implicit declaration of function `strcasecmp'
symbol                              in file
getopt_long                         /var/tmp/cca003SW1.o
UX:ld: ERROR: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to mii-diag