[eepro100] eepro100 question

krishna kumar rangan qube00@yahoo.com
Sat Jun 29 13:01:01 2002

hi,

A quick question in inserting the pci-scan module
prior to the inserting the eepro100 module.  I
obtained both these source files from scyld's network
drivers page and compiled them with the options
mentioned in their sources.

when I try to insert the pci-scan module into the
running kernel, I get the following symbols missing
error.  I am running a redhat 7.3 package, kernel
2.4.18-3.

-- begin message

./pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_write_config_byte
./pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol kmalloc
./pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_find_class
./pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol __check_region
./pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_read_config_byte
./pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_read_config_dword
./pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol __ioremap
./pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_read_config_word
./pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol kfree
./pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_set_master
./pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_write_config_dword
./pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_write_config_word
./pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol printk
./pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol ioport_resource
./pci-scan.o:
Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL
compatible license
      and it has unresolved symbols.  Contact the
module supplier for
      assistance, only they can help you.

-- end message

Does pci-scan itself require other modules?
thank you for your time and help.

regards,
-krishna.
ps: the eepro100 driver that is shipped with redhat
7.3 seems to bail out with wait_cmd_on_timeout warning
after a few mintues, which is why i am trying to
replace with the one above.