[eepro100] full duplex problem

wyb wyb@ccert.com.cn
Sun Jun 9 22:09:00 2002

I made a linux firewall and tested it with SMARTBITS, got following result:
(UDP test)

1. Set SMARTBIT working at auto negotiation 100M full duplex, got 14MBPS throughput under 1024bytes frame size.
2. Set SMARTBIT working at forced 100M full duplex, got 100MBPS throughput under 1024bytes frame size.
3. set SMARTBIT working at forced 100M full duplex 64 frame size, found that packets could only went from
    eth1 to eth0,  RX of eth1 and TX of eth0 kept increasing,  TX of eth1 and RX of eth0 didn't change.
    Then I changed frame size to 1024bytes, same problem occured again.

Linux kernel 2.2.13,  two Intel 82559 NIC, drivers version: v1.19 12/19/2001