[eepro100] eth0: card reports no resources - can you help me identify which version of this problem I'm having?

Robert Fentiman robertf@appliedepi.com
Fri Jun 7 10:25:01 2002

After looking through the ML archives, I know you're probably tired of hearing this one, but even so I would appreciate your help in tracking down which version of the cause and possible solution for the problem I'm seeing.

I'm seemingly randomly getting the following message printed out on the screen:

eth0: card reports no resources

I'm getting no other messages.  I don't seem to be loosing my network connection at all.  The message occurs even when the device is not doing anything active on the network (e.g. no specific connections, just sitting idle), although it is hooked up to our network.

The hardware we're using is a WinSystems 5x86 133mhz PC104 motherboard with an on-board 82559ER.  It has 64 megs of memory, and we haven't been running into any low memory situations that I can find.

The OS is a Red Hat 7.0 distribution running the 2.2.16-22 Kernel.  The driver is called eepro100, though I'm not sure what version as I'm just using the default distributed with that OS.

I've read about various causes/solutions to this issue, however they all seemed to have other symptoms I'm not seeing (e.g. network connection loss, additional error messages, etc).

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks!

--
Robert Fentiman