[eepro100] eth0: card reports no resources.

Andrew Pollock andrew-eepro@andrew.net.au
Mon Jul 29 00:23:01 2002

On 23.07.2002 at 12:35:24, Andrew Pollock <andrew-eepro@andrew.net.au> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We had a proxy server that was having issues talking to it's parent proxy
(we
> suspected with the Ethernet controller and when under a high load) and we
> replaced it completely with new hardware. We're now noticing similar (but not
as
> bad) performance with the new one. Both were using an eepro100 driver
(diferent
> versions, different chipsets).

[snip]

Delving further:

lister:~# eepro100-diag -f -e
eepro100-diag.c:v2.05 6/13/2001 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
 http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
Index #1: Found a Intel i82557/8/9 EtherExpressPro100 adapter at 0xef00.
Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100 EEPROM contents:
  Station address 00:02:B3:B1:23:0A.
  Board assembly 000000-000, Physical connectors present: RJ45
  Primary interface chip i82555 PHY #1.
   Sleep mode is enabled.  This is not recommended.
   Under high load the card may not respond to
    PCI requests, and thus cause a master abort.

What's this "sleep mode" and how do I disable it?

Andrew