[eepro100] PC with Intel D845BG motherboard hangs up

Lucian Daniel Kafka luci@conexim.com.au
Fri Jul 12 23:04:03 2002

I had the same problem using an Intel motherboard with an on-board ethernet
controller: Intel Corp. 82820 (ICH2) Chipset Ethernet Controller (rev 3) -
and solved it with the e100 driver.

I would really like to see kernel support for this adapter - especially
that is quite hard to do remote kernel upgrades when you have to use an
external network module.

If a new version of the driver is released - can you please confirm that it
supports the problematic chipsets reported, so we can use it in the
production systems.

Cheers,

Luci